The Committee of SADC Stock Exchanges (CoSSE) was established in 1997 and is a collective body of the various stock exchanges in the Southern African Development Community (SADC).
Although CoSSE is essentially a private sector association, it forms part of SADC structures as it has a formal status under the SADC Finance and Investment Protocol (FIP).
The objectives of CoSSE are as follows:
- To make the securities markets of SADC exchanges more attractive to both regional and international investors;
- To increase market liquidity and enhance trading in various securities and financial instruments;
- To promote the development of efficient, fair and transparent securities markets within the SADC region;
- To encourage the transfer of securities markets’ intellectual capital and technical expertise among member countries of CoSSE;
- To encourage interaction among market participants;
- To encourage the development of a harmonised securities markets environment within the SADC region;
- To maximise co-operation among CoSSE members.