The Casablanca Stock Exchange was established as long ago as 1929. At that time, it was known as the “Office de Compensation des Valeurs Mobilières” (Office for Clearing of Transferable Securities).
The growing importance of the securities market and the introduction of foreign exchange controls prompted the authorities at that time to improve and regulate the Stock Exchange’s organisation and operations.
The market’s organizational shortcomings hindered however its attractiveness at a time when domestic investors showed a growing interest in stock market investment. To overcome such shortcomings, reforms were undertaken in 1967, providing Morocco’s financial markets with a well-organised legal and technical framework.
Angle Avenue des Forces Armées Royales et Rue Arrachid Mohamed
Mr. Ayoub YOUSSEFI